Doosan solus General Data Protection Policy
Doosan solus General Data Protection Policy
- 01. In general
- 1. Your personal data are processed by Doosan Solus, Jongno-gu, Seoul (hereinafter:“Doosan”, “we”, “us”, “our”). You can contact us via e-mail at email@example.com.
- 3. Where reference is made to certain laws or regulations, such reference shall also include any change, replacement or annulment of said laws or regulations, including any related executive decisions.
- 02. Types of personal data we process
- 1. Whenever you use our Website, we collect:
- Technical information associated with the device you use, such as your IP address, browser type, geographical location and operating system;
- Information concerning your browsing behaviour, such as how long you visit, what links you click on, what pages you visit and how many times you visit a page.
2. When you fill out the contact form on our Website, or contact us via e-mail, telephone, fax, we collect :
- The basic identity information you provide us with, such as name, e-mail address, postal address, telephone number, the company you work for, your function;
- The content of your communication and the technical details of the communication itself , such as with whom you correspond at our end, and the date and time;
- Publicly available information of your profile on Social Media Channels;
- Any other personal data you choose to provide to us
- 03. Purposes for processing
- 1. Doosan solus processes your personal data to provide you in a personalised and efficient way with the information, products and services you request via the Website, e-mail, telephone, fax.
- 2. Doosan solus processes your personal data for marketing purposes, i.e. to provide you with targeted communications, promotions, offerings and other advertisements of Doosan solus and selected partners.
- 3. Doosan solus processes your personal data to comply with legal obligations or to comply with any reasonable request from competent law enforcement agents or representatives, judicial authorities, governmental agencies or bodies, including competent data protection authorities.
Your personal data may be transferred upon Doosan solus’s own initiative to the police or the judicial authorities as evidence or if there are justified suspicions of an unlawful act or crime committed by you through your registration with or use of the Website or other communication with us.
- 4. Doosan solus may process your personal data for informing any third party in the context of a possible merger with, acquisition from/by or demerger by that third party, even if that third party is located outside the EU.
- 04. Legal basis for processing your personal data
1. The processing of your personal data for the purposes outlined in clauses 3.3 is necessary to allow Doosan solus to comply with our legal obligations.
2. The processing of your personal data for the purposes outlined in clauses 3.1 and 3.5 is necessary for the purpose of the legitimate interests of Doosan solus, which are:
- Continuous improvements to Doosan solus’s Website, products and services to ensure that you have the best experience possible;
- Keeping our Website, products and services safe from misuse and illegal activity;
- Marketing and promotion of our products, services, brands an overall successful commercialization of our products and services.
- 05. Recipients
- 1. Doosan solus does not send your personal data in an identifiable manner to any third party without your explicit permission to do so.
- 2. Doosan solus relies on third party processors to provide you the Website as well as to process your personal data on our behalf. These third party processors are only allowed to process your personal data on behalf of Doosan upon explicit written instruction of Doosan. Doosan warrants that all third party processors are selected with due care and are obliged to observe the safety and integrity of your personal data.
- 06. Location and transfer
1. Doosan solus processes your personal data first and foremost within the EEA. However, in order to process your personal data for the purposes outlined in clause 3 above, we may also transfer your personal data to other entities within the Doosan group or to third parties who process on our behalf which are located outside the EEA. Each entity outside the EEA that processes your personal data shall be bound to observe adequate safeguards with regard to the processing of your personal data. Such safeguards will be the consequence of:
- The recipient country having legislation in place which may be considered equivalent to the protection offered within the EEA; or
- Of a contractual arrangement between Doosan solus and that entity. All Doosan solus entities are parties to a contractual arrangement based on the EC’s Standard Contractual Clauses (controller-to-controller) (Commission Decision C(2004)5721.
- 2. Doosan solus may transfer anonymised and/or aggregated data to organizations outside of the EEA. Should such transfer take place, Doosan solus will ensure that there are safeguards in place to ensure the safety and integrity of your data as well as all rights with respect to personal data you might enjoy under applicable mandatory law.
- 07. Quality assurances
- 1. Doosan solus does it utmost best to process only those personal data which are necessary to achieve the purposes listed under clause 3.
- An overriding interest of Doosan solus, your financial institution, the payment service provider, or any other third party in keeping your personal data identifiable;
- A legal or regulatory obligation or a judicial or administrative order that prevents Doosan solus from de-identifying them.
- 3. You understand that an essential aspect of our marketing efforts pertains to making our marketing materials more relevant to you. This means that Doosan solus builds a profile of you based on relevant characteristics as outlined in clause 2.
- 4. Doosan solus will take the appropriate technical and organizational measures to keep your personal data safe from unauthorised access or theft as well as accidental loss, tampering or destruction. Access by personnel of Doosan solus or our third party processors will only be on a need-to-know basis and subject to strict confidentiality obligations. You understand, however, that safety and security are best efforts obligations only which can never be guaranteed.
- 08. Your rights
- 1. You have the right to request access to all personal data processed by Doosan solus pertaining to you. Doosan solus reserves the right to charge an administrative fee for multiple subsequent requests for access that are clearly submitted for causing nuisance or harm to Doosan solus.
- 2. You have the right to ask that any personal data pertaining to you that are inaccurate, are corrected free of charge. If a request for correction is submitted, such request shall be accompanied of proof of the flawed nature of the data for which correction is asked.
- 3. You have the right to withdraw your earlier given consent for processing your personal data, in which case clause 8.4 will apply.
4. You have the right to request that personal data pertaining to you be deleted if they are no longer required in light of the purposes outlined in clause 3 or if you withdraw your consent for processing them. However, you need to keep in mind that a request for deletion will be evaluated by Doosan solus against:
- Overriding interests of the Doosan solus;
- Legal or regulatory obligations or administrative or judicial orders which may contradict such deletion.
Instead of deletion you can also ask that Doosan solus limits the processing of your personal data if and when (a) you contest the accuracy of that data, (b) the processing is illegitimate or (c) the data are no longer needed for the purposes listed under clause 3 but you need them to defend yourself in judicial proceedings.
- 5. You have the right to oppose the processing of personal data if you are able to prove that there are serious and justified reasons connected with his particular circumstances that warrant such opposition. However, if the intended processing qualifies as direct marketing, you have the right to oppose such processing free of charge and without justification.
- 6. You have the right to receive from us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format all personal data you have provided to us.
- 7. If you wish to submit a request to exercise one or more of the rights listed above, you can send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. An e-mail requesting to exercise a right shall not be construed as consent with the processing of your personal data beyond what is required for handling your request. Such request should clearly state which right you wish to exercise and the reasons for it if such is required. It should also be dated and signed, and accompanied by a digitally scanned copy of your valid identity card proving your identity. If you use the contact form, Doosan solus may ask you for your signed confirmation and proof of identity.
Doosan solus will promptly inform you of having received this request. If the request proves valid, Doosan solus shall honour it as soon as reasonably possible and at the latest thirty (30) days after having received the request.
If you have any complaint regarding the processing of your personal data by Doosan solus, you may always contact Doosan solus via the e-mail address listed in this clause. If you remain unsatisfied with Doosan solus’s response, you are free to file a complaint with the competent data protection authority.